Search Optimization Manager
- Mountain View, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Our mission is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
The Search Optimization (SEO) Manager plays a key role at Study.com and is responsible for sizable traffic and revenue contributions and is pivotal to growth marketing. The position will be a mix of strategy and execution and will be responsible for uncovering SEO opportunities, tracking and monitoring SEO performance, and working horizontally to execute both on-site and off-site SEO tactics. The ideal candidate will have strong SEO subject matter expertise, strategic mindset, deep technical knowledge and collaboration with in-house and contracted teams.
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Given that Study.com receives over 30 million sessions each month from longtail and head term traffic, this will be a fast-paced role with a high bar for SEO and digital expertise. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about rolling up their sleeves and driving growth through with an innovative team.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
- Partner on developing and implementing the SEO strategy with defined targets and objectives
- Lead deep dive SERP competitive analysis and make recommendations to improve rankings and traffic
- Report and analyze keyword performance across large volume of content
- Recommend strategies for improving rankings on keywords where we have content as well as net, new keyword and content opportunities
- Monitor SEO traffic patterns and SEO algorithms and report on their business impact
- Ideate and establish business cases for SEO experimentation across the site
- Support with technical SEO efforts to ensure our website is crawl friendly to search engines
- Partner with Product, Content and Promotion and Outreach and deploy SEO best practices
- Monitor SEO trends and stay current with latest SEO technologies
- 3-5 years of experience and proven track record in developing successful SEO roadmaps for high trafficked websites
- Strong data analytics and strategy background and advanced Excel skills
- Expertise working with popular SEO tools (Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Majestic, etc.)
- Exhibit willingness and flexibility to work in a small team environment
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile is preferred but not required
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees, as well as candidates. Given ongoing COVID concerns, new employees are being onboarded and working remotely. This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com will be implementing a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you'll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com’s team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.