Manager, User Research & Insights
Our mission is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $200 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Currently, we are looking to hire a Manager, User Research and Insights that will lead our user research function at Study.com. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build out the user research function and help define how it is integrated into the product design process from problem space exploration to solution testing and everything in between. User Research is a critical component on Study.com’s focus on customer insight and product excellence.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Manager, User Research and Insights Position
In leading our user research function, you will be responsible for defining research types, integrating research into our product development process, and ensuring our research delivers real value to our customers and business. You will create a user research culture within our team and help scale customer research at Study.com by enabling teams to do their own research under your guidance. Additionally, you will lead and conduct your own research for our most important and highest priority research initiatives. This is both a hands-on position as well as a management position.
- Lead and evangelize user research in our product development process across our 3 major segments: K-12, Collegiate, and Professional Development
- Build and manage a team of user researchers to deliver on our mission
- Manage all aspects of problem and solution space research for the product organization
- Work with individual leaders and teams to create/prioritize research agenda and schedule
- Be hands on in executing research, as well as mentoring and training others in the org to conduct research.
- Define success metrics for our research organization and prove effectiveness
- 7+ years in user research with specific experience in a direct-to-consumer (B2C) SaaS business
- Proven expertise in creating surveys, facilitating focus groups, conducting 1:1 interviews and leading UX research
- Extensive experience with third party tools, including survey platforms, UX testing tools, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, including both statistical analysis as well as identifying trends from qualitative data
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Background in educational psychology – huge plus
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com has implemented a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you'll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com’s team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.