- Mountain View, CA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Our mission is to make education accessible and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 40 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Study.com is searching for a Content Generalist who is excited and passionate about our mission of making education accessible. Come join us on our mission and make a difference!
About the Content Generalist Position
As a Content Generalist for Study.com, you will help plan, develop, and manage our growing library of digital lessons, articles, homework help resources, and courses.
You will join our Content Team and have the opportunity to work on many different content types and support content development for a diverse range of users, including students, teachers and parents.
A day at work might look like:
- Making quick but thoughtful decisions, such as when you are QAing lessons, sourcing contractors, and planning new content types.
- Writing simple and clear instructions for lessons, courses, articles, and other content types.
- Supporting content creators by answering questions, troubleshooting and doing whatever needs to be done to drive project delivery.
- Conducting SEO research to create content outlines that will rank well in search (we’ll teach you about SEO)
- Communicating with your team members to meet mini-goals set by the team every two weeks.
- Working within the agile scrum framework to juggle multiple projects and iterate plans based on new information (we’ll teach you about working in an agile environment).
- Balancing efficiency and quality by knowing when it’s time to ‘get things done’ and when you need to slow down and focus on details.
- Demonstrating tech savvy and computer literacy by quickly learning how to use our suite of web tools.
- Taking a walk with your manager to talk about your career development goals.
As a Content Generalist, you’ll grow and expand your career by:
- Embracing continuous learning and seeking out knowledge and skills from diverse sources including coworkers, websites, and application practice.
- Fostering healthy team collaboration by regularly giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Finding areas of focus where you can become a company expert and leader.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Meeting team goals around content production and quality.
- Creatively helping the company meet revenue and growth goals.
- Growing in your areas of strength and developing new strengths.
You’ll join a team that is:
- Focused on our mission of making education accessible through bite-sized, engaging lessons.
- Collaborative with a strong emphasis on the success of the team.
- Always willing to help each other be successful.
- Regularly celebrating successes and milestones.
What you’ll add to Study.com:
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in digital content, Ed-Tech, education or similar
Other qualifications we'd love to see:
- Experience in education or teaching
- Experience managing content development operations
- SEO experience
- Video editing and production skills
- Link building experience
- Work experience with Agile/Scrum
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees, as well as candidates. Given ongoing COVID concerns, new employees are being onboarded and working remotely. This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com will be implementing a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.