We are a profitable, fast growing technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Our focus is to simplify and accelerate learning and help people unlock opportunities for a better future.
Study.com helps over 30 million students and teachers each month improve grades, gain career skills and earn college credit through our video-based micro-learning platform. We’ve built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging.
As a fast growing, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results. We are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join our team, so we can have an even bigger impact towards our mission.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back to the community through our Working Scholars scholarship program that helps hundreds of low-income workers in the Bay Area earn a bachelor’s degree at no cost and achieve economic and career mobility. We also donate to charitable organizations that help provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Study.com was recently ranked as an Inc. Best Place to Work! Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Content Generalist Position
As a Content Generalist for Study.com, you will help plan, develop, and manage our growing library of digital lessons, articles, homework help resources, and courses.
Our Content Team of 30+ is tight-knit, supportive, and committed to making education accessible. We work hard to reach goals and celebrate regularly, from surprise donuts to a company-wide trip to Tahoe.
The Content Generalist will participate in a smaller scrum team focused on creating educational content for a specific user vertical, such as teachers or students. We’ll match you to a scrum team based on your interests, experience, and work style as well as business needs.
Responsibilities vary by team but can include:
- Coordinate the development of courses for college credit.
- Develop processes for our new but rapidly growing collection of homework help resources.
- Build workforce skills courses aligned with the needs of leading organizations.
- Strengthen and help market our catalog of test prep courses.
- Dive into a spreadsheet to identify our next thousand homework help resources and lessons.
- Help grow and organize our library of over 10,000 teacher resources (lesson plans, activities, etc.).
- Efficiently support contractors by answering questions, troubleshooting and doing whatever needs to be done to drive project delivery.
- Connect with bloggers, webmasters and others on the web to build awareness of our resources.
- Collaborate with development and feature teams to test and refine internal tools and site features.
A day at work might look like:
- Making quick but thoughtful decisions, such as when you are QAing lessons, sourcing contractors, and planning new content types.
- Writing simple and clear instructions, documentation, and style guides for lessons, courses, articles, and other asset types.
- Communicating with your scrum team members to meet mini-goals set by the team every two weeks.
- Working within the agile scrum framework to juggle multiple projects and iterate plans based on new information (we’ll teach you about working in an agile environment).
- Balancing efficiency and quality by knowing when it’s time to ‘get things done’ and when you need to slow down and focus on details.
- Demonstrating tech savvy and computer literacy by quickly learning how to use our suite of web tools.
- Taking a walk with your manager to talk about your career development goals.
As a Content Generalist, you’ll grow and expand your career by:
- Embracing continuous learning and seeking out knowledge and skills from diverse sources including coworkers, websites, and application practice.
- Fostering healthy team collaboration by regularly giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Finding areas of focus where you can become a company expert.
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Meeting team goals around content production, traffic, and scaling.
- Creatively helping the company meet revenue and growth goals.
- Growing in your areas of strength and developing new strengths.
You’ll join a team that’s:
- Focused on our mission of making education accessible through bite-sized, engaging lessons.
- Collaborative with a strong emphasis on the success of the team.
- Always willing to help each other be successful.
- Regularly celebrating successes and milestones.
What you’ll add to Study.com:
- 1-3 years of experience working in digital content, ed tech, or similar
- First hand experience in education and teaching
- Work experience at an ed tech company
Other qualifications we'd love to see:
- Experience managing content development operations
- SEO experience
- Video editing and production skills
- Copywriting experience
- Link building experience
- Work experience with Agile/Scrum
Why work for Study.com?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 30+ million students and teachers each month
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Happy hours and many fun company events to celebrate accomplishments
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.