Senior UX Designer
- Mountain View, CA
- Full Time
Our mission is to make education accessible and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 40 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Study.com is looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer who can be an agent for change. The ideal candidate will enjoy dividing their time between practical design tasks and mentoring the design team to help us all up our UX game, while also partnering with the Design Director to evangelize the importance of design process throughout the company.
About the Senior User Experience Designer Position
As an individual contributor on a fast-paced scrum team, you will strive to create world-class user experiences that balance the needs of the user with the needs of the business. We work iteratively, combining qualitative user feedback with structured A/B testing to make great products.
We are looking for a Senior Designer with a minimum of 8 years experience designing for web and mobile, with an emphasis on consumer-facing products. Your portfolio should reflect all aspects of the design process, not just the beautiful, finished product. You should be able to take a project from early user research through ideation, user journeys, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and communication with the development team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced designer who likes to also be an educator and advocate. And most importantly, you will be helping with our mission to make education accessible. There will be new challenges every day!
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers to improve the user experience
- Mentor a high performing team of UX/UI designers and developers
- Evangelize the design process throughout the company
- Adapt your design process to the needs of each project, creating journey maps, flow diagrams, wire frames, prototypes, visual mock-ups, etc. as needed for both solutioning and communication
- Navigate a fast-paced Agile environment requiring both self-direction and team collaboration
- Strategize for the future by contributing ideas for evolving the user experience based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Familiarity with Figma or ability to come up to speed quickly
- Experience with A/B testing and SEO optimization
- A degree is not required, but a demonstrated interest in continual learning is necessary, either academic or practical
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design, with advanced skills in UX, interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience building prototypes of varying fidelities
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees, as well as candidates. Given ongoing COVID concerns, new employees are being onboarded and working remotely. This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com will be implementing a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you'll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com’s team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.