- Portland, OR
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Our mission is to make education accessible and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Come join us on our mission and make a difference!
About the Sales Manager Role
We are looking for a strategic and driven sales candidate to join our team as a trusted adviser to customers and prospects within the K12 vertical.
In this role, you will help our K12 customers adopt Study.com’s solutions across the full spectrum of their educational learning experience.
Are you a strategic and process-driven seller who constantly exceeds revenue goals? Do you prioritize your clients’ best interests and work to co-create value with them? Are you a solutions-oriented seller, with a growth mindset, and a strong desire to change education for the better? If so, we’d love to talk with you!
- Develop and pursue a pipeline of new business opportunities that will expand Study.com’s national and regional level partnerships and presence.
- Drive customer retention and renewal growth from existing business in the K-12 segment.
- Build relationships with multiple stakeholders (vertically and horizontally) across the Customer’s organization.
- Use your knowledge of the Education sector to consult and support the prospective partners, with the goal of helping them educate their student populations.
- Drive customer decision making by achieving shared vision and proactively considering the value propositions that tie all stakeholders together.
- Use data and insights to support investment recommendations or overcome customer objections.
- Engage customers throughout to confirm and clarify value and adapt the strategy when needed to optimize ROI.
- Provide feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate leadership to help inform the future of our K12 strategy.
- Prepare paperwork and management procurement cycles to activate and maintain contract services.
- Apply business acumen in account planning by considering economic, industry, and company factors with a customer-centric lens.
- Be disciplined in Territory and Account Planning, Forecasting, and Quota Attainment.
- Follows best practices when using CRM and other tools to manage the sales cycle.
- Consistently meet and exceed assigned KPIs, including but not limited to: outbound calls, lead conversions, first meetings, prospecting activities, email campaigns, and pipeline growth.
- You will be the voice of Study.com's Partnerships Organization and must be able to passionately deliver our message and drive home how valuable education is to learners and school districts.
- Travel required – 2-3 field visits per quarter and attendance at regional conferences as needed.
- 3+ years of applicable sales/partnership experience.
- A record of past achievement, including the ability to spearhead conversations, deals, strategic initiatives, and managing senior-level external stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong and interpersonal skills balanced with creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to hold their own with internal/external C-Level Executives.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and forecasting skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize time effectively.
- Ability and desire to work in an entrepreneurial, informal environment.
- Ability to orchestrate the closure of business with an accurate understanding of prospect needs.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment -- while maintaining the necessary sales acumen that drives growth and transparency across Study.com.
- Experience with SaaS products or services.
- Experience with an e-learning business.
- Experience in academic space and/or working with K12 or higher education stakeholders.
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision making and persuade others.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you'll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com’s team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.