Associate Software Engineer In Test
Our mission is to make education accessible and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 40 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
Join us to help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $200 million in college tuition.
Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
We know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. Our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Our Engineering team is currently searching for a proactive, data-driven and detail-oriented engineer to challenge our small, cross-functional teams to reach ever-higher levels of quality through test automation and analysis. The Associate Software Engineer in Test will know and love working with the latest software stacks and test automation frameworks, can utilize multidimensional test data sets, draw from experience to impact our platform, is passionate about education and can deliver thorough test results in a fast pace environment. Study.com has a culture of getting things done, and demands exceptional collaboration across its engineering and product teams.
Come join us on our Mission and help make a difference!
About the Associate Software Engineer in Test Position
In this position you will:
- Actively work alongside other team members to increase quality through the entire SDLC
- Lead and organize team test plan and test case development
- Execute tests, identify and communicate defects and risks, including trends
- Apply best practices in day to day testing using comprehensive test data and our automation suite
- Enhance automated test suites and tools to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and other quality goals
- 1+ years of hands-on quality assurance work with web-based applications
- Experience testing web/eCommerce applications constructed using modern web frameworks such as Angular, React, JQuery and related technologies
- Excellent Java programming and debugging skills, including experience with test automation tools and libraries such as Selenium, TestNG and JMeter
- Experience with REST API and Service testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent team collaboration
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com will has implemented a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, we work in Agile teams, and make a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We are currently working remotely during the pandemic but will return to work when that becomes safe. We have comprehensive health and wellness benefits and offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com.
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Caltrain GO Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.