We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades, gain career skills and earn college credit. We offer self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in middle school through junior college as well as a growing suite of corporate learning and professional education products. We’ve built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
Study.com was also top ranked in Inc. Best Place to Work!
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Office Manager Position
The Study.com Office Manager will possess thorough knowledge and passion for the company, its mission, vision, values and all things Study.com. The Office Manager should display energy, enthusiasm, and personality. To succeed in this role, the candidate must be a proven self-starter, an excellent task manager, and be excited about running a fun, organized, and productive office!
- Maintain a neat and organized appearance in all Study.com offices, conference rooms, kitchens, and other common areas.
- Receive and direct incoming calls to appropriate personnel and voicemail. Greets and announce clients, applicants and visitors.
- Assist with handling vendor relations including building maintenance, food delivery service, IT, swag, and event catering.
- Maintain and order kitchen and office supplies, as needed.
- Coordinate new hire setup including office space and office supplies.
- Assist HR team with candidate scheduling.
- Research best travel alternatives and make all necessary airline, hotel, car and other reservations for employees and candidates
- Distribute incoming mail and coordinate outgoing mail.
- Coordinate internal and external staff events and business meetings, including conference room setup and breakdown, catering, etc.
- Coordinate and execute regular events (weekly hot lunches and happy hours) and company outings (summer events, hack-a-thons).
- Provide effective and responsive service to employees.
- Run miscellaneous Company errands as necessary.
- Assist various departments with ad hoc projects.
- Contribute to and nurture our office culture and environment.
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience in administration or office management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, resourcefulness, and ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Strong project management skills with a high level of initiative and sound judgment
- Energetic with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Motivated, hard-working team member with a passion for customer service
- Small company experience
- Experience with the Getting Things Done (GTD) approach to time/project management
- A demonstrated passion for education
Why work for Study.com?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 30+ million web visitors each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.