We are a technology company on a mission to make education accessible. Study.com helps millions of students improve their grades, gain career skills and earn college credit. We offer self-paced, online video courses that cover every subject taught in middle school through junior college as well as a growing suite of corporate learning and professional education products. We’ve built our platform from the ground up, leveraging data and technology to make the entire learning process simple and engaging for students.
We are a profitable, fast growing company looking to expand our team.
We began our journey in 2002 as a self-funded start-up and have grown every year since our inception. As a small, independent company, our employees have a direct impact on company direction and results.
We are located in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. We only hire top talent, so those who pass our rigorous interview process will find themselves as part of one of the brightest and most innovative teams in Silicon Valley.
Study.com was also top ranked in Inc. Best Place to Work!
We have a culture of social responsibility. As we continue to generate profits, we give back by funding scholarship programs and helping charitable organizations provide open access to information and education throughout the poorest regions of the world.
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the VP of Product - EdTech Position
We are expanding our leadership team with the addition of a talented VP of Product. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and entrepreneurial product leader with a proven track record driving and accelerating revenue growth through product development, engagement and retention. This high influence, high impact role will have the responsibility of integrating into our Agile environment and leading all product development efforts across Study.com.
The VP of Product will be analytical, data-driven, creative, and collaborative. They will be relentless about understanding and meeting the needs of customers. Their role is both strategic and operational with several audiences and key initiatives happening simultaneously and moving at a fast pace. We need someone who has the capability and willingness to roll up their sleeves, as well as provide vision.
A strong desire to contribute immediately as well as build future capability is essential.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with leadership team and product owners across the organization to prioritize product strategies and align them with the roadmaps, conversion initiatives, and the overall growth strategy of the business.
- Provide market intelligence and competitive analysis to facilitate strategic development, product differentiation, and develop a deep understanding of the education market.
- Combine data analysis, technology and behavioral insights to develop ROI-focused backlogs and rapid product iteration that drive growth by focusing on user engagement and retention.
- Ensure that the scope, business case and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood and measured.
- Drive on-time delivery of new features and products across cross-functional teams by championing an Agile culture with a focus on impactful results.
- Drive conversion of prospective consumers to active customers through funnel optimization including creative, segmentation/targeting, and landing pages.
- Support the development, testing, and scaling of high ROI digital marketing campaigns across email, SEO, SEM, and social.
- Oversee the company’s product vision including both web and mobile apps to drive innovative disruption and build the learning platform of the future.
- Obsessed with optimizing products; constantly testing MVP ideas, refining and iterating as you go.
- Lead the continuous advancement of our platform by utilizing billions of data points to drive advancement in our machine learning algorithms, and introduce A.I., V.R. and other innovative technologies.
- Attract, retain, and develop talent. Establish expectations and create an environment which supports and enables high-performance by both teams and individuals.
Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years product experience required including minimum of 5 years in managerial role.
- Experience in a fast growing, consumer-focused business required.
- Education Technology background strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment required.
- Direct analytical experience required including expertise in data analysis, A/B and multivariate testing, LTV modeling, etc.
- Experience driving growth across many lines of business and audiences like students, test prep and teachers.
- Experience with both SaaS and advertising revenue models preferred.
- Energetic and passionate
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and inspire teams and individuals
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
Why work for Study.com?
- Help make education accessible to people who need it
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Join a profitable and financially stable company
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Have your work impact 30+ million students and teachers each month
- Grow professionally with our training and skill development programs
- Work with other talented and passionate team members
- Competitive compensation (including salary and bonus plan)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- 20 days of flexible paid time off annually (increases to 30 days over 5 years)
- Additional 10 paid holidays annually
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (we pay 100% of premiums)
- Fully subsidized Caltrain pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
- Stocked kitchen and beverages provided
- Company sponsored gym memberships
- Company sponsored Friday happy hour to celebrate weekly accomplishments
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.