Vice President of Product Management
- Mountain View, CA
- Full Time
Our mission is to make education accessible and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
The Vice President of Product Management will collaborate with leadership to create product vision and strategy to win in our various business segments, lead and coach our product teams to deliver exemplary results against objectives, and coordinate with stakeholders across the organization to set revenue goals and drive growth initiatives.
Our Product Management team’s core mission is to delight customers and grow market share by creating evidence-based product strategies that identify new products and features and drive growth usage of existing services. We obsessively seek to understand customers’ perspective, are business savvy, have a bias toward data-driven action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product roadmaps. Product managers also serve as the product owners, leading product teams and driving cross-functional collaboration on a day-to-day basis.
About the Vice President of Product Management Position
We value the following traits in our product management leaders:
- Stewards: We put the needs of our customers and our business ahead of our own egos
- Leaders: We lead by example, inspiring and motivating those around us
- Hi-Lo: We are both strategic and hands-on, detail-oriented when necessary.
- Generalists: We are equally comfortable working on all parts of the product stack
- Evidence-driven: We base our ideas on data and measure the results of those ideas.
- Resource-aware: We are resource efficient in everything we do.
- Lead and evangelize as we execute on our product vision and product strategy across the company
- Drive growth product initiatives to existing services
- Review business and product results regularly with leadership, suggesting changes to the business or product plans.
- Manage, motivate, coach, and develop a team of product managers.
- Coordinate roadmaps across teams
- Manage requirement and design reviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers to solve complex problems.
- Passion and alignment with our core mission of making education accessible.
- 15+ years product management experience, ideally with previous VP-level responsibilities
- Work history in both core product development (e.g. product/market fit) and growth product initiatives (e.g. SEO, funnel optimization)
- Excellent business skills, include revenue management and forecast expertise
- M.B.A. or requisite business experience
- Consumer SaaS product experience as well as experience in one of the following areas: EdTech and e-learning, digital content and media, community and gaming.
- Scrum-certified with extensive knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience with SEO, growth product execution, content strategy development, machine learning/adaptive learning is a huge plus.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, even if you may not meet all of the requirements, we’d love for you to apply! At Study.com, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do our best work. We can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please Note: This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com has implemented a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you'll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com’s team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.