Director, Talent Acquisition
- Mountain View, CA
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Our mission is to make education accessible, and over the last two decades Study.com has become the leading online education platform delivering a personalized learning experience across a broad continuum of education for over 30 million students, instructors, and professionals every month.
As a member of the Study.com team, you’ll help empower millions of learners to achieve their education and career goals. We focus on increasing access to education because we know information is the ultimate equalizer and that education is key to upward mobility. Every minute a learner enrolls in a course and our College Accelerator solution. Study.com has collectively saved students $132 million in college tuition.
You’ll also be part of a company dedicated to contributing to society. Study.com has donated $23 million in-kind value across social impact programs, including matching employee contributions to non-profit organizations and millions to help schools during the pandemic.
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. And our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
- Inc. Best Place to Work
- Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
- Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
- San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
Come join us on our mission and make a difference.
About the Director, Talent Acquisition Position
Study.com is an innovative, mission-driven software company that is a leader in the EdTech space. We have consistently been recognized by Inc. and Forbes as being one of the best places to work and we have big plans to grow our team significantly in all areas of the business. As we scale our team during this significant growth phase of the business, the candidate experience is our main focus.
As our Director, Talent Acquisition, you will help shape the future of the company, by building our employer brand to source and attract the best candidates in our industry. The collective talent of our team determines our success, and you will be the focal point to ensure we attract the right people. We need you to passionately share our company's mission, vision, culture, and technology while creating and executing an effective and scalable talent acquisition strategy. You will report to our VP, People and be a valued leader and subject-matter expert on the People Team. You will partner with other internal stakeholders such as our executive leaders and hiring managers as well as form partnerships with external resources to further the overall talent acquisition strategy. Together you will create initiatives that continue to attract top talent and foster a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Build, lead and coach a best-in-class talent acquisition team of professional in-house and contract recruiters
- Meet with hiring managers and executive team members to determine hiring projections and translate those projections into an overall talent acquisition strategy and plan.
- Design and implement solutions to source and attract the highest caliber talent
- Develop talent community engagement strategies that cultivate diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Build and maintain knowledge of competitive target companies, staying on top of industry changes and trends
- Partner with hiring managers to continuously improve and optimize the interview process to ensure a thorough yet inviting interview experience.
- Drive an extraordinary candidate and new hire experience, to ensure that candidates are treated with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Establish and manage key recruiting metrics that inspire team performance while helping business leaders make informed decisions on process and strategy
- Personally handle recruitment for select senior level and executive positions within the organization
- Manage relationships with placement agencies and retained search firms, as needed
- Design and refine our systems, tools and trainings in partnership with HR Programs Director
The Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of end-to-end corporate recruiting lifecycle management experience, with at least 5 years managing a talent acquisition function in a fast-growth technology company, from start-up to scale
- Strong track record demonstrating ability to source and attract top talent, assess capability for both technical and interpersonal fit, negotiate offers to close the candidate
- Experience developing and implementing innovative sourcing strategies and creating a diverse candidate pipeline
- Demonstrated experience building a Talent Acquisition process, from sourcing to onboarding
- Experience building and leading a Talent Acquisition team
- Strong technical acumen with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and HRIS systems
- Strong business acumen particularly in the tech industry and familiarity with the competitive talent environment
- Proven ability to take initiative, use consultative skills, and build strong, productive relationships
- Track record of solving complex problems and making a significant impact
- Experience closing executive candidates and negotiating complex compensation packages
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and succeed in an environment with competing demands and changing needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please Note: Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees, as well as candidates. Given ongoing COVID concerns, new employees are being onboarded and working remotely. This position is located in our office in Mountain View, CA. Study.com will be implementing a hybrid model that will include 3 days in-office and 2 days of remote work.
In addition, Study.com will be requiring all employees be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If an accommodation is required, please speak with a member of the People Team.
Life at Study.com
At Study.com, you'll join an Agile team, making a big impact in a cross-functional, collaborative environment where team members wear different hats and regularly interact with senior leadership. We get things done and move quickly.
Study.com’s team members, together with our Study Studio network of instructors, tutors, subject matter experts, video animators, and editors, have developed 1.5 million learning resources on our platform. This includes micro-lessons, videos, flashcards, lesson plans, worksheets and more, fueling 16 million hours of learning engagement a year.
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
- 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
- 401(k) with employer match
- 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
- 10 paid holidays
- Work at home setup stipend
- Company-sponsored gym memberships
- Free Caltrain Pass
- Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements, Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.